Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Anyone Who Even Cracks A Smile At "Family Circus" Deserves To Die



I don't understand how this comic has stuck around for as long as it has. What is the draw of four developmentally disabled hydrocephallic kids? For nigh on twenty years this lump of shit has sat in the corner of the comics section like some dim specter of non-joy. Every day I try to make sure I don't read it, knowing it is going to destroy any enjoyment I got from the other comics like a black hole for entertainment. And like a black hole, it inexorably (look it up) draws me into its joyless embrace with some mirthless grammatical fuck ups from Dolly (look Mom! I'm wearing my zucchini) or yet another mindless diagram of Billy's aimless wanderings through the neighborhood.
I pray that one day those dotted lines will end up right in front of the tire tracks of a bus; a dotted outline of a pudgy kid marking Billy's final destination. Then we can have an hilarious strip with Jeffy commenting through beady, tear soaked eyes: "There is no fun in funeral."

No comments:

Post a Comment